Account Executive-Business Dev NY
ABC Full Circle, the business development team of ABC National Television Sales, Inc. is looking for a career-minded individual with experience selling multi-screen solutions with a proven track record of success. Experience with building direct client and high level broadcast and digital agency relationships is essential to the position. You will be responsible for developing new and incremental revenue for the ABC Owned Television stations, their digital platforms, and place based media outlets we represent. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the digital and broadcast industry with significant business development expertise. Strong prospecting and communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate with teammates across NTVS and DATG divisions is imperative. Also required are excellent organizational, written and verbal presentation skills; media packaging and planning expertise, as well as a working knowledge of all industry qualitative and quantitative research resources as well as the digital marketplace. Candidate must be creative self-starter, think strategically and be skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. College Degree is preferred as is a knowledge of key contacts in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Travel required within assigned region. Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of new business development including, account prospecting, account management, account acquisition, executive overviews, needs assessments, proposal generation, and contract negotiations.
- Prospect clients and agencies to learn about their corporate and marketing strategies, and to create customized solutions for their brands.
- Drive new and incremental revenue to the ABC Owned Television Stations, their digital platforms, digital out-of-home and place based media outlets
- Provide and maintain a high level of service to clients; anticipate client needs, fulfill requests.
- Use industry expertise, knowledge and business understanding to effectively communicate the value of the ABC Owned Television Stations to the clients/agencies.
- Build and implement a detailed sales strategy to generate revenue across platforms
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue goals
- Provide management with required sales reporting
- Minimum of 5 years’ successful business development experience in broadcast and/or digital platforms
- Experience in selling to traditional media, branded content, Public Relations, Sports Marketing and Experiential agencies
- Proven track record of success selling multi-screen solutions
- Proficient knowledge of all industry qualitative and quantitative research and the ability to garner revenue from these audience measurement resources.
- Business acumen, problem solving, executive interaction, organization development, knowledge of the territory and knowledge of the learning and development industry trends are key
- Ability to interpret industry trends, and successfully tailor media offerings to provide solutions and maximum revenue generation
- Proven ability to successfully execute multi-platform customized content and marketing concepts
- Ability to successfully collaborate with teammates at NTVS and across corporate divisions within The Walt Disney Company
- Ability to travel within assigned region.
- Ability to develop long-term relationships with direct client and high level broadcast and digital agencies at a senior/executive decision maker level, including Directors, VPs, and C-level Officers and garner revenue from these connections
- Ability to articulate ROI on a service-based product sale to demonstrate value of partnering with ABC, and our represented properties
- Demonstrated excellence in negotiation skill
- Demonstrated high level and successful networking, partnering, and influencing abilities
- Demonstrated strong presentation (verbal and written communication) skills
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
- Must be creative, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, be willing to learn and have a burning desire to succeed
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and creative thinking abilities
- High level computer skills to ensure that proper and accurate CRM records are kept. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and MAC OS.
College Degree Company Overview
The ABC Owned Television Stations Group is a division of the Disney-ABC Television Group. Our stations have long held preeminent positions as trusted broadcast leaders. The stations and our strong portfolio of digital properties, allow marketers to reach our audience where they live, on every platform and on every device – reaching over 23% of all U.S. television households.
ABC National Television Sales (NTVS) is the sales representative for the eight ABC Owned Television Stations, digital platforms, digital out-of-home and place based media outlets.
Additional InformationThis position is with ABC National Television Sales in New York.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity