Production Internship, Los Angeles - ESPN - Summer 2018
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Production Department produces content for ESPN’s family of networks that fans can watch on television, their computer, tablet or smart phone; examples include SportsCenter Los Angeles, SportsNation and The Jump.
We are a hyper-creative team that is geared towards generating fun, smart television for sports fans. Each show has its own brand/personality, and that is something we are very proud of.
A Day in the Life:
- Screens games, selects shots and creates shot sheets for assigned highlights
- Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases; selects material for bumps and roll-outs
- Operates studio teleprompter system
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms
- Ensures suitability of footage for ESPN Authenticated Networks in real time
- Participate in show meeting discussions and pitch ideas daily to the LA show Producers
What You Bring to the Role:
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
- Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events
- Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment including but not limited to Final Cut Pro and Avid
- High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
- Experience operating a teleprompter
- Historical knowledge of US sports
- Experience with editing, screening and/or logging video
- Familiarity with sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 11 – August 17, 2018. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Los Angeles, CA. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.