Senior Finance Analyst - CEE Media Networks
We are seeking hire a qualified Senior Finance Analyst to join our Media Networks team on a permanent basis.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for producing all key deliverables for Disney Channel (DC) and Disneymedia+ (DM+) for Central and Eastern Europe, and providing critical analytical finance resource to the business during forecast and close reporting cycles. They will provide support to the Finance Manager and Finance Director on assessment of business opportunities and ad hoc projects as required as well as supporting Sales and Operational departments by providing accurate financial analysis and information in a timely manner.
The Disney Channel multiplex is a portfolio of kid-driven, family inclusive entertainment channels such as the award-winning Disney Channel; boy focused, girl-inclusive Disney XD; Disney Junior, which targets preschool children aged 2-7 and their families; and Disney Cinemagic, featuring the very best Disney movies.
Disneymedia+ is the integrated Ad Sales and Promotions arm of Disney UK & Ireland. It was launched in March 2011 to give UK advertising and promotional clients a more unified, more creative way of working with Disney across the industries that we work in – including film, television, publishing, consumer products and live entertainment – and the platforms we work with, such as mobile, online and video on demand.
Key responsibilities will include:
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of planning models for the Forecast, AOP and 5YP for Disney Channel and DM+; including the production of forecast, AOP and 5YP presentation decks for review by Senior Management.
- Lead team member for quarterly close and associated actuals reporting and analysis for DC and DM+ with responsibility for quarterly accruals across all departments and reviewing quarterly results accordingly
- Ensure correct coding is used by all departments and reflected in General Ledger, reclassing / recoding as required
- Liaise with cross-functional Programming & Channel cluster teams to track and report key title and franchise performance
- Become proficient and primary user of TM1, SAP, IBM Cognos and other reporting systems for DC, in particular ensuring accurate input and output to systems and planning tools and performing reconciliations as required (in partnership with the intern)
- Become central knowledge source on territory, key distribution clients and contracts, competitors and industry and technology issues
- Key finance partner to DC and DM+ stakeholders on day-to-day business
- Produce clear and timely quarterly updates on DC and DM+ revenues and costs to Management, with particular focus on the management of risks and opportunities
- Support Finance involvement in deal negotiations and business opportunity evaluations including:
- Modelling of deal/opportunity valuation on different assumptions and scenarios
- Working with the Sales Team to understand client’s negotiating position and deal/opportunity parameters, providing critical analysis of assumptions and ensuring Sales receive appropriate supporting financial information to optimise revenues
- Work with relevant stakeholders (Accounting, DC Sales and DM+ departments) to manage accounts receivable balances and promote AR financial management within the territory cluster
- Liaise with AP DWSS to support on issues encountered by regional Casual Buyers and vendors
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working in a finance function at Senior Finance Analyst level ideally within the CEE markets
- Proven experience and understanding of working in a commercial, multi-currency and multinational business environment
- University educated with excellent academic record; ACA or CIMA with demonstrable proven minimum of 2-4 years PQE
- Proven experience of using SAP or other similar accounting system
- Interest in Media / Broadcast industry essential
Right to work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.