Part-Time Director I
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
As a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, ESPN employees are considered to be leaders in the multi-media content production, distribution and entertainment industry. They are expected to uphold the integrity of the mission and values of the company.
ESPN team members have a passion for accomplishment. They must possess the enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit of innovation, imagination, creativity, determination and success that is emblematic of The Walt Disney Company. ResponsibilitiesBased in Miami, FL, you will be responsible for the creative direction for our technical facilities as well as the direction of various studio productions including: live studio shows, live/live-to-tape specials and the integration of live international sporting events. Responsibilities will include;
- Direct television productions by coordinating the information about the show before it airs, disseminating that information to the crew and switching the live show.
- Attend daily show meetings and coordinate radio shows for TV.
- Team builder with strong technical skills.
- Provide a clear, concise and orderly flow of information to those involved during the broadcast.
- Coordinate the show’s rundown to reflect production values, such as video, audio and graphic requirements before the production.
- Expected to file reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions, equipment status, and personal development at the request of management.
- Communicate the necessary information about elements of the show to be aired, such as information regarding live shots, studio guests, graphic requirements, etc., and complete and/or coordinates any accompanying paperwork.
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting and effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
- Oversee all aspects of the technical production (lighting, camera positions, special effects, etc.) and production values (segment timings, graphics, roll-ins, etc.) to insure a first-rate, quality broadcast before, during and after transmission.
- Oversee daily facilities check with Bristol, CT.
- Participate in training others in operational areas and generate training documentation.
- Fluent in Spanish & English
- Minimum of 5 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
- Ability to work nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic.
- A strong knowledge of international soccer.
- A thorough understanding of television production
- Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation
- Leadership skills are a must as the position includes facility and crew oversight, organizing and executing the look of the show and problem-solving after the show.
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offering creative ideas.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten years major market experience or network equivalent preferred.
- Proficient operation of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to Technical Directing functions (e.g. operating video switchers, implementing sources, interfacing with external devices, creating user and suite preferences).
- Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to: Ross Vision switcher, K2 Summit, Wheatstone mixer, Sony BRC remote control unit
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional Information**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.