Vice President - Current Programming
ABC Entertainment Group seeks a qualified candidate for a VP, Current Programming position in Los Angeles. In this the role, the person will represent the Network on assigned existing series.
- Manage current programming responsibilities on multiple shows to help cultivate unique, compelling and brand-appropriate scripted series content.
- Support the creative development of existing shows, which involves but is not limited to:
- Reading & giving notes on stories, outlines and scripts.
- Supervising the staffing of writers and directors.
- Watching dailies and rough cuts, and giving notes.
- On-set coverage of productions when necessary.
- Serving as a facilitator, arbitrator, mediator, coach, tie-breaker, etc. with talent.
- Seek direct feedback from Head of Current Programming on work related priorities.
- Collaborate with other ABC Entertainment departments on various issues as needed (Business Affairs, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.).
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues.
- Manage special projects and assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 12 years overall work experience.
- Significant experience working at a network or studio in development or current programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted series production process.
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Demonstrated creative and story development skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in ABC content and target demographic.
- Self-motivated to develop new ideas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects.
- Significant experience working with drama series, either in development or current programming.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity