Vice President, Creative, Branding & Design - Freeform
Reporting to the SVP, Marketing, Creative & Branding – Freeform, and partnering with Programming, Digital Media and Research, this individual will drive the development of creative campaigns on multiple platforms to attract and engage our audience, and to position the Freeform brand as a defining voice of young adults in the entertainment landscape.
We are looking for a trailblazing creative leader that understands, acknowledges and embraces both the traditional television ecosystem and the landscape of digital disruption.
He/she must thrive on “change,” and inspire and motivate a broad creative team (on-air promotions, design, graphics, etc.) with a management approach that embraces innovation, teamwork, collaboration and mentorship.
- Oversee all multi-platform creative and design (including but not limited to, on-air promotion, graphics, social media content, etc.), to drive tune-in, audience engagement and brand awareness.
- Manage and evolve the creative style guide to maintain the integrity of the Freeform brand and ensure the highest quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Working in conjunction with Social/digital media, supervise the development and execution of brand appropriate social media campaigns to drive consumption of Freeform content on all platforms.
- Evolve the Freeform brand by taking creative risks, nurturing disruptive ideas and producing break-out creative for marketing campaigns.
- Empower, motivate and manage a high-performing creative team. Be a creative visionary with the ability to inspire new thinking and energize teams to think beyond a :30 spot.
- Establish a roadmap for on-going innovation and creative experimentation in the marketing team.
- Understand and connect with Millennials and Gen Z creatively. Bring new viewers to the network by expressing and communicating the promise of the Freeform brand.
- Liaise with talent and show producers on creative campaigns to ensure their support.
- Significant experience – ideally at a network or streaming service – overseeing the development of compelling, brand appropriate on-air and off-air creative.
- A track record building and maintaining a dynamic and well-known consumer brand.
- Experience with or deep understanding of social media content creation and storytelling.
- Demonstrated excellence in conceptual creative, design and graphics.
- A deep understanding of the Freeform brand and how it could be effectively expressed on multiple platforms.
- Significant professional experience in a leadership position overseeing a dynamic creative team.
- A proven leader who collaborates, motivates, inspires and drives innovative creative thinking.
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics and translate insights into breakthrough creative.
- Experience managing a team that produces and delivers a high-volume of creative assets, on time and on budget.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience managing creative and/or marketing budgets.
- The drive and ability to lead change within a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with business leaders and colleagues across the company.
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity