Senior Manager, Product Management - Personalization
There is an incredible transformation happening in television today, broad disruption on how people consume content and an ever-changing digital landscape. At Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG), we are creating stories with the power to change lives. By developing the technology with the power to change media, we have the ability to affect millions of people around the globe. Now is your opportunity to shape the future of digital media by joining our team as the Senior Manager, Product Management – Personalization.
Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG) is adding the role of Senior Manager, Product Management - Personalization to our Data Analytics and Personalization team to help with building the personalization pipeline to drive continuous innovation of our video streaming products, ensure brand product managers get the insights they need and have the environment they need to experiment, target and launch personalization features. Responsibilities
- Define product roadmap and functional and technical requirement of personalization capabilities in backend servers including, content management server, advertising server, push notification server and A|B testing platform.
- Lead product roadmap and requirement of user and identity management
- Work closely with Data Science team to launch recommendation engine, predictive analytics engine and define API and work flow to accelerate data collection and machine learning effort
- Collaborate with Brand Product, Editorial, UX and Marketing teams to ideate on innovative personalization experiences that drive customer satisfaction, retention and engagement; identify personalization capabilities required to deliver these experiences and define technical requirements for each platform in the personalization pipeline.
- Write detailed product and technical requirements for implementation and work closely with Engineering team to deliver on those requirements
- 7+ years of consumer product management experience
- 2+ years of product management experience in backend servers
- 2+ years of experience working with experiment design and A|B tests, experience with A|B testing tools such as Optimizely or Adobe Test and Target is a must
- 2+ years of experience launching personalization, recommendation and machine learning services required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with abstract ideas and decompose into analytical problems
- Excellent influencing skills and communication skills
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with software engineers and architects
- A proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
- Passion and desire to build features that enable millions of users to engage with personalized content and recommendations
- Consumer-focused product management experience required
- Experience with launching consumer products on web, mobile and OTT platforms
- Previous experience working on an entertainment or video stream products
- Exposure to the TV Everywhere experience
- Experience with managing APIs and working with content management server, push notification server and advertising server
- Experience with data exploration using SQL, R or Python
- Exposure to data science techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, collaborative filtering
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or other Atlassian products
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Data Science or similar disciplines required
- MBA is a plus
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
We welcome your comments and questions about this Senior Manager, Product Management - Personalization opportunity at Disney.