At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The ABC Network Legal Department is seeking a Paralegal or Senior Paralegal to support its attorneys. The right candidate will effectively and independently complete all key responsibilities (below) and be able to communicate, build relationships, and work effectively with executives and staff both within and outside of the Company. Responsibilities
- Negotiates and prepares clip licenses and close-out agreements and issue spots for critical issues regarding the same;
- Assists in managing document filing, collection, and review;
- Reviews contracts, conducts routine legal research on rights and prepares summary analyses and reports,
- Collaborates with ABC Entertainment Marketing on their legal requests and drafts vendor agreements, SOWs and NDAs;
- Tracks, maintains and updates charts, databases, weekly summaries of pending agreements and documents;
- A minimum of two years of paralegal experience in the entertainment industry or at a law firm. Basic familiarity of content licenses, intellectual property laws, development and production agreements, and chain of title/legal rights analysis required. Experience in television business affairs or legal affairs involving distribution matters and/or digital programming preferred. Previous experience specifically related to marketing/advertising a plus.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication, drafting, issue spotting and proofreading skills.
- Must be a team player and self-starter with the ability to multi-task within a challenging, fast-paced and collaborative environment and exhibit flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage responsibilities and work efficiently with little oversight, adapt to changing priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. DocuSign or similar electronic signature and other office-related software experience preferred.
- Television/media industry experience is nice to have, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certification or equivalent qualifications under applicable California law.
Company Overview The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, FreeForm, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses. Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability
We welcome your comments and questions about this Paralegal opportunity at Disney.