Director - Production (Freeform)
As the Production Executive in charge of select series, the Director, Production will initiate and supervise all aspects of select Freeform series production. This person will facilitate communication between productions and the Network, manage to creative expectations, schedules and the financial well-being of the productions.
Responsibilities begin with drafting production plans and schedules, creating initial budgets prior to producer selection, through series production and post-production under the supervision of Head of Department.
ResponsibilitiesMANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES / BUDGET:
- Create initial budgets and schedules for pilots/series.
- Maintain Company precedents set for deals, rates and provides ATL contractual obligations to producers and accountants to aid in budgeting process.
- Manage Creative and Production to ensure clear communication and effective translation of vision, maximizing on-screen dollars and delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Supervise asset management upon wrap of pilots/series
- Read and annotate scripts and prepares itemized script breakdowns and initial budgets prior to producer being hired.
- Identify and negotiate stages/production offices
CROSS TEAM COLLABORATION:
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure that productions under their supervision are in compliance with the Company’s goals and guidelines
- Liaison with various business partners, facilitating materials and information to address inter-departmental needs
- Attend production meetings, read-thrus, run-thrus at needed
- Provides support to VP, Prodco Production
COMPLIANCE & POLICY MANAGEMENT:
- Guide select productions in compliance with Prodco Production Manual and ensure all contracts, deal memos, permits, releases, labor laws, etc. are adhered to per Company policy.
- Update, maintain and provide production manual to production staff in conjunction with network needs.
- Review production documents and cost reports on select projects
- Manage Company insurance policy and guide productions with regard to Company requirements, including managing the insurance application process and binding of policies
- Prepares initial union/guild paperwork at the onset of production
- Maintain company policies and guidelines in collaboration with Creative, Legal, Labor, etc.
- Maintain Prodco’s permit to employ minors
- Schedule and organize production I-9 and harassment training sessions
- Review residual binders prior to submission to network
- Review credit binders prior to submission to network
TIMELINE & PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Create calendars and countdowns for current series and provide leadership to keep all parties on schedule
- Attend production meetings, read-thrus, run-thrus as needed
- Provide weekly WGA status reports
- Leverage experience with new emerging digital production technologies to pro-active style to seek out and evaluate new cameras and workflows
CREW & STAGE:
- Facilitate key crew hires
- Vet IA status of crew members to ensure membership in good standing prior to production office opening
- Supervise load-ins and wrap out of stages and final walk- thru of stages
- Minimum of 5 years of network or studio production work experience required.
- Must be proficient in movie magic budgeting and scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise multiple Prodco projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with Prodco guild and union agreements
- Experience and understanding of new emerging digital production technologies
- Able to analyze and summarize performance and provide advice and solutions.
- In-depth, working knowledge of Excel
- In-depth understanding of the pre-production, production, and post-production process
- Ability to manage multiple projects/series simultaneously
- Ability to gather, communicate, and apply information and trends about the industry and emerging technologies, in order to further company goals
- Demonstrated management and financial skills
- Proficiency in task follow-through and taking initiative.
- Direct and purposeful in all verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Receptive to and approachable by others in any situation.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Approaches problems or roadblocks as opportunities for learning and creative thinking
- Flexible with work assignments, takes on responsibilities as business needs require
- Additional experience as Producer or related production management or production finance works is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity