Director - Production Finance
The Disney/ABC Television Group is searching for a Director of Production Finance for ABC Studios. The Director is responsible for the financial show management on scripted television series, pilots & special projects. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Studios, FreeForm, Marvel Television, Lincoln Square, ABC Signature and 12:05am Productions.
- Responsible for the Corporate Controllership function and financial show management of scripted film production including original, licensed, co-produced, network and acquired network series, pilots and special projects.
- Manage budget submissions for productions in partnership with Production Executives, Producers, UPM’s and Accountants.
- Manage all aspects of production accounting, including supervision of 30-35 freelance production accountants.
- Monitor the production process to ensure financial accuracy and swift resolution of any issues.
- Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including but not limited to: bible runs, trial balances, cost reports, hot costs, balance sheets, check registers and insure they are in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of the production tax incentive process
- Provide accounting teams with guidance on accounting database systems
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis as needed
- Coordinate the pre-buy of foreign currency
- Manages both the recruitment and hiring of new talent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in television or feature film production accounting
- Strong knowledge of production tax incentives and related process
- Corporate and production accounting expertise
- In depth knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
- Pragmatic, highly organized and attention to detail
- Strong budgeting skills in MMB
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Bachelor's Degree
Company Overview The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses. Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability
We welcome your comments and questions about this Director - Production Finance opportunity at Disney.