Director, Affiliate Marketing
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Disney and ESPN Media Networks is looking for a strong marketing leader who has a proven track record of meeting and exceeding an organization’s goals. Someone who is eager to make a significant impact on our business and is ready to take the organization to the next level. The Director, Affiliate Marketing will lead and manage the marketing relationships of some of TWDC’s largest distribution and network partners, and overall distribution renewal strategy for the Disney ABC Television Group portfolio. The Director will develop and execute brand strategy and marketing campaigns across digital, OTT, cable, satellite and telco partners. The role will plan out/manage marketing budgets, develop and nurture relationships with clients and internal stakeholders. The Director will also manage a team of rock stars.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing marketing initiatives within assigned accounts/networks.
- Focus on day-to-day guidance of Affiliate Marketing efforts, while generating new ideas and creating new marketing solutions
- Works closely with and manages media and creative agencies
- Develops and implements brand strategy for DEMN portfolio with special focus on Disney Channel, Disney Junior, DisneyNOW and Disney XD
- Develops and oversees marketing staff through coaching, training and enhanced educational opportunities
- Participates in – and often drives - the development of ideas and concepts into strong partnerships for internal and external stakeholders.
- Seeks and applies industry trends, data, and research to inform marketing efforts
- Recommends and participates in designing the approach and content of assigned affiliate campaigns.
- Participates in analyses of the costs and effectiveness or marketing programs and campaigns.
- Contributes to achieving personal processing efficiencies.
- Manages marketing budgets across network and contractual media funds.
- Minimum of 7 of Marketing experience with at least 3 years management experience
- Experience and proven track record in building strong business to business marketing programs and positioning
- Familiar and versed in the content distribution landscape
- Experience negotiating with and managing vendors
- Experience and proven track record in building successful distribution marketing campaigns across multiple platforms (digital, OTT, cable, satellite, telco) with strong results
- Experience working with strong, national brands
- The role requires some travel between Connecticut, NYC, and Los Angeles, and other markets as needed
- Distribution Marketing experience preferred
- Positive attitude
- Motivational leader
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Media
- Graduate Degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.