Designer – DCWW Off Air Marketing Design, Preschool
Disney Channels Worldwide (DCWW) is seeking eager Graphic Designer to produce branding and design components to support Disney Junior and Disney Channel advertising, marketing and franchise projects. As a direct report to the Sr. Manager of Marketing Design, the Designer’s primary focus will be to develop creative collateral and digital assets to support the networks with fresh design that is on brand for the Disney Junior and Disney Channel parent and preschool audience. This includes creative projects for various divisions at Disney Channels Worldwide including, but not limited to, Marketing, Franchise, On-Air, Social Media, Digital, Media Relations, Affiliate Sales & Marketing and Ad Sales.
Responsibilities• Responsible for creative concept development and execution of marketing materials with a solid understanding of how to translate these elements across all platforms – print, social, digital landscape, motion graphics, apps, mobile, multiplatform programming.
• Takes creative direction and assignments from the Sr. Manager and works closely with the VP to assure that every design created reinforces the network brand vision and brings a high level of quality to the Marketing Design look of Disney Junior and Disney Channel. Also works closely with the Marketing Design team and Marketing Design staff.
• Personally design and produce layout mechanicals from concept through production for materials featuring Disney Junior content and has the ability to make independent decisions on appropriate design elements, exercise good judgment on design and information hierarchy and conscientiously implements request changes/modifications.
• Maintains detailed working knowledge of promotional campaigns, network-branding, along with extensive knowledge of printing processes and design software.
Basic Qualifications• Must have a passion for brand development for preschoolers and Disney heritage. Be an exceptional conceptual thinker and possess a clean design aesthetic. Must have an interest is designing activities for preschoolers.
• Must be well-organized, have strong relationship and communication skills and be comfortable with collaboration to deliver fresh ideas to represent the brands.
• Strong concept communication and problem solving skills.
• Must be a multi-tasker, well-organized, able to work under tight timelines, be a team player and take feedback well.
• High level of experience and knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Adobe After Effects.
• Logo design skills and typography required.
• Experience with cinemagraphs and animated gifs preferred. Ability to learn a must.
• Print production and digital production experience.
• Photo retouching and color correcting skills.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced corporate environment.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Designer within an entertainment environment, developing creative for print and digital materials.
Preferred Qualifications• Experience and knowledge of Keynote and PowerPoint.
• Work experience within a television network for young children, animation, theatrical or consumer products desirable.
• Key art development a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Designer within an entertainment environment, developing creative for print and digital materials.
Required Education • College graduate, BFA in design or equivalent work experience
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity