DATG Backend Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2018
Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG) is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with the strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world. This business segment of The Walt Disney Company is comprised of global entertainment and news television properties, the owned television stations group and radio. Our employees are leading, creating, and innovating, making bold moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. With Disney|ABC Television Group, you can be part of media's evolution, helping us create what's next.
This internship role is a part of the Software Engineering team within the DATG IT organization. As a Backend Software Engineer Intern, you will use Java development skills to write and test code that delivers new features and functionality and new products into our environment.
Basic QualificationsInterns should possess skills in:
- server side technology (Java, JSP, Tomcat, RESTful Web Services, common frameworks like Spring, Hibernate),
- database and NoSQL experience (MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc).
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field. Additional InformationProgram Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available to work full-time from either May - August or June - September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application