As a member of the DATG – ABC data architecture Team, the Business – Data Analyst is accountable for participating in the successful delivery of data products and solutions supporting the DATG Lines of Businesses under the direction of the Executive Director, Data architecture team.
The successful candidate will develop a productive partnership with technology product owners, business stakeholders, and technical team members. They will more specifically be responsible for producing, grooming, prioritizing, and overall timely management of the data requirements backlog as well as developing user acceptance criteria. They will assist in business adoption/change management activities and analyzing/reporting on the impact of introduced solutions on the business. Responsibilities
- Work closely with business owners from product, content or marketing teams to understand the business objectives of the product or marketing initiatives and gather data requirements for the intiatitives.
- Define the primary metrics to measure the success of the initiatives and identify the secondary metrics to gather insigths for learning and continuous improvement.
- Translate business and product analytics requirements into standardized tracking specifications that DATG engineering teams can use to implement across platforms, including web, mobile, and Over-the-Top applications.
- Develop user stories for data tracking requirements and collaborate with business owner to ensure their intent is effectively captured.
- Define precise and accurate user story acceptance criteria that will be used by engineering team, Quality Assurance team and automation test frameworks.
- Oversee the implementation of the data tracking requirements and collaborate with engineering and Quality Assurance team to develop user acceptance testing (UAT) specifications
- Provide support to business owers and reporting team to utilize the data
- Analyze the data for discrepancies and Identify errors and abnormalities in the data
- Produce clear and concise workflow documents to drive balanced solutions that consider people, process and technology components
- 2+ years of digital analytics experience using Adobe Analytics
- 2+ years of experience performing business analysis within a large enterprise covering both business and information technology domains using Agile SCRUM methodology
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator, able to convey requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences and communicate effectively with business stakeholders, technical developers, and Quality Assurance team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Strong personal and professional integrity accompanied by a sense of ownership and responsibility for delivery
- Strong business process definition capabilities, including the ability to capture process and data flows visually according to standard methodologies
- Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Must be able to work independently, support several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Familiarity with the mobile and Digital Media landscape
- 1+ years of digital optimization (A/B testing)
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or other Atlassian products
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, R)
- Experience querying Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Presto)
- Strong visualization skills (Tableau)
- Used Python or R for collecting, manipulating, analyzing and visualizing data
- Ability to create visually compelling presentations
- Experience supporting products that utilize both real time as well as batch data streams at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed data analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex data products
- Work experience in data analysis and demonstrated ability to write and validate SQL queries ensuring data is validated
- Proficient use of UML including one or more modeling tools in the business and information technology domains e.g Enterprise Architect, and/or IBM Rational
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field – e.g. Marketing, Information Technology, or equivalent experience in Entertainment, Financial services segments.
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
We welcome your comments and questions about this Data Analyst opportunity at Disney.