As one of the leaders of the Product Design Studio for the Disney | ABC Television Group (DATG), the Creative Director will lead the design of apps and websites for Disney Channels, ABC, ABC News, Freeform, and more on every device type and screen size.
Our ideal candidate is highly creative, engaging, able to work with all types of people, and deeply knowledgeable about the latest design trends and technologies. They can ship ground breaking V1 products and iterate on existing experiences. ResponsibilitiesThe Creative Director is an expert in user interfaces, visual design, and motion design and has an amazing portfolio of work from web to mobile to TV interfaces.
This person is responsible for working with other Design Team members and directing rapid visual concepts, high fidelity visual design, presenting, and making recommendations to the group. They are a leader and mentor to all levels of Designers. Output is driven through influence, inspiration, and direction as opposed to directly managing others. It's about how much better you make all of the Designers around you. Team fit is as important as design skills. Basic Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have at least 10 years of experience designing beautiful, high function, responsive experiences for the web, mobile, and TV interfaces, or similar experience
- At least 8 years of experience directing other designers of all skill levels and types
- Experience working on a product team for a technology company or digital media firm
- Expert understanding of user centered design principles and UI best practices
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Self-motivated, problem solver with ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to design within brand guides and create new style guides and design language as needed
- Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, works well with others; a complete team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with TV UI (Roku, AppleTV, AndroidTV)
- Familiarity with the Disney | ABC brands and content
- Ability to direct prototypes for user testing
- Proficiency in Sketch or desire to learn the design application
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or equivalent professional experience
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
*All applicants must supply an online portfolio link with their application
We welcome your comments and questions about this Creative Director opportunity at Disney.