ABC Entertainment is seeking an experienced attorney with strong transactional skills and entertainment background to be part of its Legal Affairs team.
- Handling agreements and identifying and resolving legal issues in connection with development, production, licensing and promotion of television programs for ABC Entertainment.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of agreements and deals, including acquisition, development and licensing of scripted and reality programming, late night, theatricals, movies-for-television, specials, indemnity and production services agreements, sponsorship agreements, marketing and promotional agreements and digital agreements.
- Analysis and advice in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of a national, commercial, free television network.
- Clients will include such other departments as Business Affairs, Creative, Production, Production Finance, Participations, Marketing, Brand Management, Promotions, and S&P.
- Minimum of five (5) years of law firm and/or in-house transactional experience, with some experience in entertainment (preferably television).
- Familiarity with licensing/distribution/acquisition agreements and intellectual property law (copyright and trademark).
- Strong drafting, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority projects.
- Detail oriented, hardworking, accountable team player.
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment.
- A professional, confident demeanor and an ability to work well with colleagues and to communicate effectively and positively with clients and all levels of management, including providing counsel to senior level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a professional, creative and ethical manner.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and office-related software.
- Experience at a major law firm.
- Experience at Broadcast or Cable Television Network or Studio.
- Admission to California State Bar Association (or Registered In-House Counsel)
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability