Associate Writer/Producer (Disney Channels)
The Disney Channels, which include Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior, is currently seeking an Associate Writer/Producer. The Associate Writer/Producer teams with the Creative Director, Senior Writer/Producers, Writer/Producers and Marketing team to create promo/short form content for broadcast, digital and social platforms. We are looking for an idea machine that is passionate about youth culture (Kids 6-11 and Preschool), creativity and producing top-notch marketing content.
- Write and produce menus and bumpers
- Produce all video bugs
- Write and produce reissue and refresh promos/short form content
- Write and produce stunts under the supervision of the Creative Director, Senior Writer/Producers and Writer/Producers.
- Assist Creative Director, Senior Writer/Producers and Writer/Producers with work overflow
- Partner with the Graphics Department on various creative executions
- Generate big, simple ideas that work across all platforms and engage with the demo
- Amend, devise and develop creative in response to feedback from Creative Directors
- Partner with Marketing team to create off-channel messaging for various uses
- Brainstorm with Marketing and Social teams regarding post messaging (Facebook, Instagram and various other to be named platforms)
- With experience and time in the department, direct BTS shoots
- Run edit, audio and VO record session
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in copy-writing, video production or closely related field. On Air promo department experience a plus.
- Overall Team Player
- Sharp writing skills with a heavy slant towards comedy, animation and kid’s entertainment.
- Creative problem solver
- MUST be organized
- MUST be able to work on multiple projects at once
- MUST be able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and manage own time
- Strong understanding of current trends and where to find them as it relates to the core demographic of the content you are working on
- A willingness to learn from others
- A willingness to partner with more experienced creatives
- Comfortable in very fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Strong knowledge of the post process (Audio/Visual)
- Must have superb attention to detail
- Knowledge of desktop editing
- Knowledge of script implementation programs (Filemaker Pro or compatible systems)
- Comfortable with on-air talent
- Comfortable and knowledgeable in a live action shoot environment
- Willingness to be groomed to direct BTS shoots
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
We welcome your comments and questions about this Associate Writer/Producer (Disney Channels) opportunity at Disney.