Senior Network Engineer
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
As a member of the Global Network Services organization, the Senior Network Engineer will help deploy, scale, and automate the enterprise and production networks in a dynamic, fast-paced, technologically advanced broadcast and content distribution environment.
The organization is tasked with improving workflow efficiency through the use of innovative technological solutions. Our partners demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. Our industry is evolving at a tremendous rate and it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network. As a result, we are transitioning to a service-provider model to include 10G, 40G and 100G Ethernet capabilities. Automation is an important component of driving efficiency and the team is responsible for conceiving, developing and deploying tools to support our network infrastructure.
As a Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for the scaling of current network designs to meet the needs of the business. You will work closely with our Network Architects and internal partners on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production. You will create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards. Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol enterprise and production networks
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Define, develop, and implement network monitoring and analysis tools
- Document and maintain accurate configuration information and infrastructure documentation of all networking components and dependencies.
- Conduct test scenarios for new devices in lab environments
- Work with our Network Architects to design and build a highly available, high-performance network infrastructure
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Experience managing long term, project/milestone based work with teams
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in the technology operations role with demonstrated training and interest in supporting routing and switching configuration efforts
- Knowledge and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically, BGP and OSPF
- Experience scripting with Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, C or C++
- Experience with network device configurations
- Able to provide respectful and courteous customer service often under tight deadlines and in high pressure situations
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills
- Ability to capacity plan and forecast
- B.S.C.S. or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNP
- Juniper Networks Certified (JNCIP-ENT)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.