Senior DevOps Engineer
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
An employee filling the role of Software Engineer III – DevOps Engineer, will be responsible for activities that ensure the quality, reliability, and stability of ESPN’s production systems and services that power the fan experience. These activities include the design and specification of technical infrastructure that facilitates the integration of software development and delivery from inception to full operation. As a Senior member of the engineering team, an employee filling this role would be responsible for developing the technical implementations for fault tolerance, performance enhancement, and configuration management of applications, and may be expected to lead in the implementation of the solutions.
The Software Engineer III – DevOps Engineer will also spend a significant amount of time in guided exploration of new technologies and solutions that are applicable to the short, medium, and long run goals of ESPN’s Technology group. This position offers the opportunity and responsibility to contribute to the development of the future of ESPN’s Technology platforms. Responsibilities
- Ensure the quality, reliability and stability of production systems and services.
- Work with software developers and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Implement technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency.
- Implement the technical “vision” for fault tolerance, performance enhancement and configuration management of applications.
- Develop and maintain new software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Proficient in Linux system administration.
- Proficient in deploying Cloud based infrastructure.
- Proficient in modern Deployment Management Tools (Puppet and/or Chef, etc.).
- Proficient with version control systems (Git, TFS, SVN).
- Proficient in programming languages (Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Node.JS, Bash etc), database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, Redis), and networking protocols used for the implementation of supported systems
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively complex related experience.
- Experience writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services
- Experience troubleshooting and using build tools (Gradle, Maven, Make)
- Knowledge of modern cloud architectures
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics to improve software and process quality
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining cloud native, distributed systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- B.S. in Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.