Senior Creative Innovator
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to serve sports fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
We are seeking a driven and highly creative innovative leader with experience in the product/experience creation process. The Sr. Creative Innovator will be focused on leading the process from concepting to prototyping to delivery, start to finish within the Creative Innovation team with expertise across all subjects.
The Sr. Creative Innovator must have extensive knowledge of the consumer, ideation and creative process, building strategies, assessing cost implications and driving the production process. You will be the lead for most of internal meetings as well as ideation process within the team. You must possess diverse experiences from creative to building experiences from scratch to managing process. ResponsibilitiesThe intersection of creative and technology results in innovative ideas and products. The Advanced Technology Group has formed a Creative Innovation team that will be focused on continuous brainstorming and prototyping of creative ideas that will push us forward with new solutions, approaches and platforms.
This team is led by the Senior Director, Creative Innovation who reports to the Vice President of Advanced Technology Group. This position will report into the Manager, Creative Innovation. Located in Bristol, CT. The Creative Innovation Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Creating disruptive and innovative fan-facing products
- Overseeing and guiding Creative Innovators from conceptualizing all way to delivering products
- Directing on creating product/experience development
- Day to day operation of a creative team
- Working with internal partners to apply concept to innovative uses of new and emerging technology in new products
- Working closely with Innovation Technology team to turn concept/ideas to new products
- Supporting Creative Innovation Manager on brainstorming and ideation sessions internally and with partners
- Assessing cost implication and savings
- Assessing risks of implementation
- Providing cost assessments for specific product efforts when necessary, working with development teams
- Identifying areas in need of workflow improvements and providing/educating/implementing process solutions
- Providing timely communication with regards to requirements interpretation and feedback
- Working closely with Product team to satisfy fans’ needs and concerns
- Making decisions regarding product requirements and timelines, and how to communicate changes in complex situations
- Providing suggestions on workflow enhancements and implications
- Providing suggestions on concept validity and value
- Strategic communication and working with partners across Advanced Technology Group, to ensure that we are delivering experiences and products for sports fans
- Timeline communication with internal partners on conception, prototyping, and implementation schedules, project statues reporting and troubleshooting
- Relationship management with key strategic partners
- College degree or equivalent work experience required. Candidate must have a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a creative-related environment, brand marketing, design/copywriting and/or a working knowledge of how to create ideas using technologies
- Understanding of processes that deliver the high-quality creative work
- Must have strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills and understand platform/experience development methodologies
- Strong interest in new technology, gadgets social platforms, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and curious to research/evaluate new technology
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Experience with building creative and consumer-facing experiences either digitally or physically
- Understanding of business implications and strategies
- Broad background in creative direction and/or design
- Dynamic, learning agile and driven
- Proven creative leader that can align a team around a vision
- A positive force who leads with inspiration and passion
- The ability to excel at both a strategic and executional level
- A deep understanding of market-wide technology trends and themes
- Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions internally and with partners
- Strong business acumen
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of design/graphics software (i.e., Adobe CS).
- Knowledge of technology development process (i.e., wireframe, POC, backend, QA).
- Driven with eye for excellence in detail.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, delivering under tight timelines and adapting quickly to change.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- High tendency to ambiguity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.