Security Specialist, 1st Shift
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Global Security & Safety department is responsible for ensuring the safety, security and well-being of all ESPN human resources, guests and assets. In addition, the department provides security and safety services for all ESPN owned and leased facilities and ESPN remote events worldwide. Responsibilities
- Work schedule is 1st Shift, Thursday through Monday with Tuesdays and Wednesdays off
- Greet, screen, and direct all visitors following the established procedures.
- Enforce company security and parking policies consistently and fairly.
- Monitor company property, identify and report safety and security hazards.
- Secure property as directed.
- Completes and issues hot work permits.
- Conducts inspections per hot work permit processes to preserve safety at ESPN facilities.
- Conducts fire watch assignments in designated hot work areas.
- Provide appropriate general information to visitors and employees.
- Perform general security system checks.
- Perform access control duties at high traffic exterior posts in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform vehicle inspections in accordance with established inspection protocols.
- Monitor fire alarm control panel and interpret alarm indicators for emergency type and location. Rapidly reposition to location of possible emergency and assess, determine and respond within a three (3) minute timeframe from initial alarm.
- Assist with scheduling maintenance for fleet vehicles.
- May respond to medical, fire, security, and other safety related emergencies and incidents as trained and write comprehensive reports following established procedures.
- Might be asked to provide security presence at special events (on or off-campus).
- In some instances, you may be asked to establish barricades, operate gates, and generally direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- You may be asked to complete special assignments as required.
- Accurately create work orders documenting requestors name, location, type of service needed.
- Identify craft on all routine requests
- Create work orders and dispatch maintenance personnel to the correct location of requested work orders.
- Assist in the distribution and tracking of related departmental keys.
- Monitor hand held radio channels for HVAC, Electrical, Maintenance, Construction and Safety to facilitate communication between groups.
- Receive and process all requests for facilities services through phone calls or email and radio.
- Monitor main company external phone line and direct incoming telephone calls as appropriate.
- Must possess and maintain a Driver’s license valid in the state of Connecticut
- A minimum of one year of customer service or related experience.
- Possess a DMV Class F Public Passenger Endorsement on Connecticut Driver’s License or apply for a Class F endorsement within 30 days of employment
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, DMV check, and urinalysis drug screen.
- Must currently possess and maintain a valid CT Guard certification or be able to attain a valid CT Guard certification within two (2) weeks of employment.
- Must have the flexibility to work varying schedules (hours and days off) and work overtime as approved.
- Must have the ability to perform basic work tasks on computers, including using MS Outlook email and Word.
- Maintain a professional presence in image and interactions at all times.
- Must complete required hot work permit training.
- Excellent customer service skills
- A minimum of two (2) years security or law enforcement experience.
- Superior writing ability and command of basic English grammar
- Strong leadership, judgment and decision making skills
- Clear teamwork focus
- Highly adaptable with the ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to perform tasks independently within established guidelines
- Ability to operate company transportation, including fleet and gem cart vehicles
- Able to take command and diplomatically control difficult situations
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in facilities security or related experience that may inclcude similar field handling service requests.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College degree in related field.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.