Part Time Remote Traffic Coordinator I
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Part Time Remote Traffic Coordinator I is responsible for assisting with the planning, procuring, and managing of the telecommunications facilities and services that connect worldwide event venues with ESPN in Bristol, and other destinations, as necessary. These services will include the procurement and coordination of transportable satellite earth stations, occasional satellite transponders, occasional fiber circuits, voice and data circuits, encryption and compression technologies, and other telecom services and facilities as needed. Develop and manage cost budgets for each program delivery. It also manages Remote Traffic technical equipment inventory and monitors the movement and continuity testing of relevant remte equipment.
- For all assigned events, research, gather and integrate necessary technical, operational and fiscal information from various departments and other sources within and without ESPN. Use this information to analyze and determine all telecommunications requirements and costs.
- Once requirements are determined, ensure that proper telecommunications resources are provided in a fashion that conforms to ESPN’s technical, operational and cost standards.
- Using various information tools and methods, provide updates to all relevant departments and individuals on the technical, operational and cost status for each project.
- For each program or event, assist in preparing and maintaining a budget of estimated and actual costs for any telecommunications resources provided. Approve the accuracy and proper budget assignment of invoices for hired services and facilities. Coordinate the flow of budget and invoice information to ESPN financial departments according to established procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the operational and technical aspects of various telecom services and equipment at a level necessary and appropriate for fulfilling the department’s responsibilities.
- Oversee provision of Network Traffic technical equipment to remote venues and facilitate continuity testing with ESPN Transmission and remote personnel.
- Weekend and evening hours required.
- Candidate must possess strong communications and interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
- Candidate must be able to maintain attention to detail and work independently in a demanding deadline driven environment.
- Has basic knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN’s remote operations functions.
- Has a basic understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
- High School Diploma minimum, Bachelor's Degree in Communciations preferred.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional Information**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.