Associate Producer/Editor, Social
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This ESPN Associate Social Producer/Editor position will help with the creation and curation of content for ESPN talent social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to develop unique and compelling content that will thrive in mobile/social environments and a willingness to collaborate across departments. Social media distribution experience, stellar interpersonal skills, and an ability to develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units are crucial to succeeding in this role. Responsibilities
- Create and curate content for multiple social media platforms
- Discover content and be able to decipher the best packaging, prioritization, and output
- Establish coverage plans for specific events and/or priorities
- Ensure that writing and visual styles are consistent with digital and editorial best practices
- Engage internal content partners to ensure the best creation, sharing and distribution of talent content
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for visual storytelling
- Sports take place on nights, weekends and holidays -- and those shifts will be regular and required
- 1+ years working in a media environment with content creation and live publishing responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
- Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of journalistic standards
- Ability to create and tell stories in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical work day
- Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite skills including Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication arts, journalism or new media or equivalent combination of education experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.