Associate Director, Technology Program Management (Media)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Technology Operations is responsible for the business and logistics of the Technology organization. This includes project management, prioritization and roadmap management for new technology requests, portfolio and resource management, business operations and collaboration with other departments. The Associate Director Program Management is part of the Technology Operations team and is responsible for leading cross functional/departmental projects to support Media Engineering. The Media Engineering team is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the infrastructure and technologies to support creation and distribution of ESPN content across linear and non-linear platforms.
The candidate should be well versed with planning, tracking, monitoring, reporting and proficient with both Agile software development and traditional Waterfall based engineering projects. The candidate should be comfortable managing technology based projects and should be at ease when collaborating with various teams including information security, software engineering, advanced technology, production operations, network control, product, transmission, programming and vendors. The candidate should have experience with technology projects and knowledge of technology trends, especially in the areas of media and content distribution. Experience in satellite and terrestrial systems, server and storage systems and content production systems is a plus. Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of Programs and/or Projects, regardless of type, from Initiation through Closure, requiring no supervision
- Leads project managers to adjust their projects to achieve the overall program benefits.
- Works with business partners to specifically define initiatives that solve identified business problems and needs
- Manages overall Project/Program activity
- Creatively applies ESPN methodologies and tools to meet the needs of the project/program
- Actively contributes to the evolution of ESPN processes and standards
- Leads strategy sessions within Technology and with business partners
- Leads multiple project teams simultaneously
- Develops and maintains the program and project plans using company approved tools
- Plans, coordinates and directs all activities associated with developing project plans, communication plans, project schedules, etc. by adapting PM fundamentals to best support assigned projects
- Leverage significant experience with Waterfall Agile and SCRUM methodologies to lead project teams on a daily basis to the successful delivery of media engineering and related projects
- Responsible for team dynamics, morale and motivation
- Builds a team where all members and points of view are respected
- Lead Project Teams through identifying and managing risk and the resolution of issues
- Accountable for delivering ‘quality’ solutions that provide desired business benefits and/or solve business problems - ‘on-time’ & within budget
- Able to quickly solve complex problems in a challenging, dynamic environment with minimal direction
- Effectively communicates with business and technical senior management, project teams and stakeholders
- Communicates to convince and influence key decision-makers / stakeholders in a manner that best serves ESPN
- Facilitator – must be able to:
- Facilitate meetings / workshops with large groups of people beyond the project team
- Facilitate the project team through the resolution of complex issues
- Ensure group participation
- Drive workshop/meeting to conclusion and/or actionable outcome
- Develop and deliver outcomes/results/notes in a manner appropriate to the level of the group
- Supports reporting data compliance and best practices across Media Engineering and other technology Project Managers
- Minimum of 15 years of experience managing formal projects and/or functional organizations; including 10 + years’ experience working in a technology organization
- Minimum of 10 years Program & Project management experience with very strong facilitation, communication planning and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly establish relationships with all levels of the organization
- Excellent business and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Should be highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projectsMust have excellent leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years managerial experience
- General Project Management Certification with thorough understanding of Project Management Methodologies & Techniques
- BS, BA, or advanced degree in computer science or relevant work experience.
- PMP or CSM certifications preferred
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.