Social Media Designer
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
This ESPN Associate Social Producer/Editor position will help with the creation of visual content for ESPN talent social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They will actively collaborate with digital and TV partners to ensure strong visual storytelling native to social platforms. The designer will be responsible for working within the ESPN branding guidelines but will also be expected to bring platform-appropriate creativity and personality to the work. They will need to have strong communication and collaboration skills with a proven track record of excellent time management. This role requires lightning-fast skills and mobile-first design sensibilities, including experience with After Effects or other motion graphics software. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with social editors to drive the visual storytelling experience for ESPN talent and other ESPN social channels
- Create unique sports-driven content within animation software (Photoshop/After Effects) for social media platforms
- Work within tight deadlines to deliver in-the-moment visuals that will engage a social-first audience
- Skill and ability in typography, data visualization, brand and logo design
- Adobe Creative Suite skills including Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Exceptional multitasking and time management skills
- 1+ years’ experience working in a content or storytelling creative role, with at least one year’s professional exposure to design in a web/app based environment
- Experience designing and maintaining brand identities
- Experience working with other creatives and producers to deliver projects on time and on budget
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative spirit, capable of being resourceful and working with multiple departments throughout the creative process
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for sports
- 1+ years’ experience working in a mobile-first content environment
- 1+ years’ experience working with After Effects or other motion graphics software
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for the latest social media trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication arts, journalism or new media or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.