We are looking for someone who…
- Is passionate about what cloud infrastructure can enable.
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies and skills.
- Demonstrates determination in tackling complex puzzles and finding solutions.
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a team setting.
- Loves sports and wants to build the best experiences on the web.
If this sounds like you, ESPN wants your help building the future of sports content delivery. Responsibilities
- Manage the cloud infrastructure for ESPNCricinfo.com and other ESPN properties
- Develop & maintain core cloud and datacenter services built atop a platform like Amazon Web Services.
- Deliver libraries, services, and documentation/guidance that can help other teams at ESPN deploy to AWS.
- Coordinate with our Engineering Operations team to integrate deployment into the build & release pipeline.
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies.
- Contribute to an on-call rotation and resolve reported bugs.
- BE/BS/MCA/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree
- 10+ years’ experience
- Any experience in managing Linux/Apache/MySQL/Varnish in production
- Experience with other cloud platforms from Microsoft, Google, IBM etc
- Experience in helping the organizations to do continuous delivery
- Experience with Kubernetes, Mesos will be an added plus.
- Must be a self-starter who can drive projects forward with minimal management oversight
- Proven experience building and operationalizing large, high scale systems with very high availability.
- Experience addressing performance issues across the full stack from service to operating system.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services.
- Solid understanding of Docker, including deploying to EC2 with and without EC2 Container Service.
- Curious and motivated to research and learn new technologies.
- Able to write clean, reusable code.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
At ESPN, we treat our operations as a software engineering problem. We want the right software engineers to help us deliver solutions that simplify deploying our services, improve their resiliency, and allow them to respond to intelligently to changing conditions. As a Tech Lead focused on Site Architecture, you will help define, develop, and maintain the systems that deploy our applications into our production environments, from our own datacenters to the cloud. You will work with platforms like Amazon Web Services and will deliver solutions allowing the deployment of complex services written in Java, Node and Perl along with their dependencies