Senior Server Engineer
The Shanghai Disney Resort is a Cooperative Joint Venture between WD Holdings (Shanghai), a subsidiary of Disney Enterprises, Inc., and Shanghai Shendi Group Co., Ltd., a state-owned joint venture investment holding company. It comprises of a Management Company, which will supervise the construction and operation of the Resort, and two Owner Companies. The Resort, located in Pudong, Shanghai, is targeted to open in late 2015 and will consist of a “Magic Kingdom”- style theme park, which will be owned by one Owner Company; and 2 resort hotels and a retail, dining, and entertainment district, which will be owned by the other Owner Company. The joint ventures were incorporated in April 2011, and we are now in the early stages of hiring our Resort’s team member to help set up the operation for a successful opening.
Technology is at the forefront of delivering the magic and enabling the unparalleled vacation experience that makes Walt Disney Parks & Resorts the most visited tourist destinations. The Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Technology team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience.
The Senior Server Engineer will Install, maintain, monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot data center servers and operating system software. Also support production operations environment including multiple physical and virtual servers, batch processing, backup and related activities.
WDP&R Technology seeks forward-thinking team members with accomplished professional experience who are passionate about delivering a quality product, desire to learn and grow, and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of customized technical virtualization solutions for SHDR business applications in the Data Center and in the Cloud.
- Develop virtualization solutions taking into account sizing, infrastructure, data protection, disaster recovery, and high availability.
- Provide knowledge transfer and training to Disney technical resources.
- Provide virtualization focused demonstrations, evaluations and proof of concept support.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise for virtualization performance tuning and other issues.
- Create run book and other supporting configuration documentation.
- Provide server monthly performance monitoring report, server capacity review and RCA (Root cause analysis)
- Strictly process backup management to secure the company data
- Perform fixed assets management for server and its peripheral device
- Participate in Virtualization Project Management as needed.
- Perform consultation; implementation, documentation and knowledge transfers.
- Provide technical reviews and reviews of both existing and potential manufacturers for their technical competency.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal customers.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate.
- Bring new ideas and methodologies to improve the department existing processes.
- Other duties as may be assigned by direct or facility management.
- Advanced knowledge of storage technologies, such as SAN/NAS, as well as backup strategy
- Advanced knowledge of Windows/Linux operation system, virtualization and high availability.
- General knowledge of system management, monitoring/alerting automation, HP Operation Management, MS SCOM/SCCM, Commvault etc.
- Proven experience with system planning, security principals and general software management best practices, as well as OS patching, antivirus operation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding the organization goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and interruptions.
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience managing virtualization operation and maintenance on multi-vendor hardware platforms such as HP Rack/Blade System, SAN switch, EMC(Data Domain, VNXe and Isilon) or HP(P9500 and Storevirtual) etc.
- 5+ year’s technical experience with Windows/Linux, VMWare, VDI, Data Backup about design, implementation and operation.