Senior Employee Relations Specialist
Job Description Responsibilities
- Fully understand Disney culture and values, company policy, and China Labor law. Actively seeks China market trends in employee relations, and developments in labor law. Support and implement initiatives and proposals to ensure healthy employee relations.
- Engage with employees and leadership across the organization to conduct Employee Relations related assessments and investigations, disciplinary actions, and discuss continuous improvement opportunities in the area of employee relations.
- Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regards to company policy and relevant employment laws through consulting, coaching, presentations, and training.
- Manage Employee Relations case record system, analyze ER data/metrics for themes, trends and root cause identification. Share finding with key partners for further discussion and come out action plan towards the issues
- In charge of the filing of summaries and other documents related to the ER function. Assist with project work as needed to include training, research, and other projects that support the business.
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners, Legal, Security, IT, Management Audit, Advisory & Assurance, and other related functional teams in order to drive work. Interface with Arbitration committee, labor bureau officers, and external parties as needed.
- Engage with ER team members across The Walt Disney Company to assist with implementing case work and other ER initiatives as needed/directed.
- Have 3-5 years HR or legal related experience
- Fluent in writing and speaking in both Chinese and English
- Has previous experience in handling complex employee cases
- Demonstrated consultative and investigation skills
- Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills
- Strong understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices