The Partnerships Director is responsible for managing strategic planning and activation among key partners within China in order to create value for Shanghai Disney Resort and drive brand awareness, affinity and conversion. The manager will support marketing leadership in leading cross-disciplines including digital/social, PR, Alliance, CMR, and Synergy as well as cross-discipline partners such as Consumer Insights, Sales, Online, Public Affairs, WDI and Operations, and external agencies. In addition, this position will serve as a stakeholder as needed on other SHDR project teams as well as help manage financial planning and resource allocation and planning. Responsibilities
- Lead development of strategic marketing plans and activations with key partners for the domestic China market supporting the Shanghai Disney Resort and relevant components.
- Maintain a pulse on the changing consumer insights, media landscape, seasonal needs, and upcoming product opportunities.
- Analyze and interpret data sources in order to help guide complex business decisions and form viable recommendations. Partner across lines of business with RMA, Pricing and Finance to consider annual strategies to drive visitation.
- Manage overall planning process with internal and external partners to optimize work flow efficiency and effectiveness, ensure consistent strategic direction and execute plans on time and on budget.
- Provide input and guidance on creative direction, partnering with internal creative team, external partners and agency partners to deliver the biggest impact in communication efforts.
- Support management of program budgets as well as longer-term financial planning including AOP and FYP responsibilities.
- 5 to less than 7 years of Directly Related Experience.
- 4 year college degree.
- Strong ability to sort through a full spectrum of data to develop effective strategies that drive business results and demonstrate value for external partners. Solid business acumen, having an advanced ability to sort and interpret multiple sources of data in order to discern key business trends and issues and the understanding appropriate market levers to activate in order to optimize business goals. Ability to think in holistic consumer centric leveraging key insights. Advanced verbal and written communication skills. Strong strategic planning and project management experience. Highly proficient at leading and influencing peer level partners. Financial literacy, fluency in marketing strategy and communications. Developed skills in influencing and evaluating creative.
- Direct leadership of a marketing associate as well as direct communications with key external partners. Requires significant collaboration across the organization inclusive of business driving partners such as RMA, Pricing, Finance, product and operational partners such as WDI, Entertainment & Operations as well as Marketing Partners across all disciplines.
- Some Supervisory Oversight: Initial direction provided by executives with regular check-ins during the planning process and approval on key business decisions from Director Marketing China.
- Requires extensive communication and influence skills across line of business, segment, agency and JV Partnership.