Guest Service Manager, Duty Manager - Front Office
Around the world, Disney hotels are known for their attention to detail and outstanding Guest service. At Shanghai Disney Resort this tradition will continue with the construction of two themed hotels. Each hotel will have its own distinct theme, a unique selection of shopping and dining opportunities, and a variety of recreation options.
The hotel will be located in close proximity to Shanghai Disneyland and to Disneytown, making it very easy to turn a visit to Shanghai Disney Resort into a true getaway. Many rooms of this hotel could offer beautiful views of Shanghai Disneyland and welcome friends and families into a world of fantasy, adventure, magic and thrills
As the Duty Manager of the Shanghai Disney hotel, this role will be responsible for the daily operations. Interact with Guests, Cast Members, external service providers, and partners on a daily basis to ensure a seamless arrival/departure experience and delivery of superb service.
- Provide a front line management contact for guests with escalated service requirements or items to be addressed.
- Monitor the hotel front-of-house operations including hotel operations, restaurants, bars, banqueting, fitness center, children activity center, water play area, merchandise area, lake area etc.
- Provide guidance for all duty cast members in case of any service shortfalls.
- Ensure appropriate cast members at all service areas; liaise with concerned departments if required.
- Coordinate with VIP Coordinator in order to greet all VIPs.
- Handle dissatisfied guests to resolve complaints, take remedial actions immediately and follow up as necessary. Ensure all guest concerns are promptly logged and report to the management in the Duty Manager log.
- Respond to all emergency situations such as medical issues, fire alarms, theft case, guest accidents etc. Every effort must be made to minimize the disturbance or cause inconvenience to the hotel guests. Ensure all incidents are properly logged in the Duty Manager log for future reference.
- Release ‘locked’ in-room safes.
- Process manual wake-up calls that have had no response.
- Provide a management presence in the lobby and hotel back and front of house areas for cast members.
- Ensure front office service levels are maintained using coaching and training techniques aligned with the department standards and procedures.
- Ensure a smooth co-ordination between the individual sections of hotel operations.
- Liaise and work closely with other LOB to resolve any operational issues.
- Administrative and correspondence work including responding to guests complaints or requests within 24 hours.
- Conduct floor patrols together with the Security Officer to all back-of-house areas. Any irregularities are to be reported.
- Authorize appropriate rebates, paid-outs, charges to house account and house use/complimentary rooms in the absence of a more senior manager.
- Handle undesirable patrons with the support of the Security Department.
- Fully understand the hotel PMS, FCS, VisiOnline and other related systems.
- The Duty Manager must be fully aware of all hotel emergency procedures e.g. typhoon, fire alarm, power outage etc. All incidents must be properly logged in the Duty Managers log for future reference.
- Take charge during emergency situations and act as the commander of the Emergency Response Team
- Perform any duties assigned by the Management deemed necessary.
- Proven leadership experience
- Proven operational experience
- Demonstrated operational Guest service experience and Guest service skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated passion for developing others
- Proven strong partnering and networking skills
- Demonstrated strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated follow-through skills
- Demonstrated strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement
- Adaptable to new technology and change
- Proficient in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Windows environment
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends, variable shifts, and holidays
- Ability to converse in Mandarin & English
- A * level Shanghai Health Certificate with at least 6 months of validity is required for this role