Shanghai Disney Resort is looking for a world-class Manager, Design
You’ll play an important role within the marketing team.
You’re a phenomenal designer with a portfolio filled with award-winning design solutions and a proven history of bringing big ideas to life across every medium for major brands -- everything from print to digital.
You’re an expert at telling powerful design-based stories using every resource available to illuminate what our makes our Disney experience so unique.
You’re a hands-on professional, setting a high standard and providing inspiring creative leadership and mentoring to a team of designers and external partners.
You thrive in a fast-paced, high volume workplace – yet are always pushing for and achieving creative excellence.
You have a deep love for the craft of design – you obsess over the smallest of details including the texture of fine papers, specialty inks, or just the right font.
You’re also a dreamer and an optimist who knows that great design can truly change the world.
This position reports to the Creative Director. Responsibilities• Bring world-class design excellence to Shanghai Disneyland Resort’s marketing initiatives.
• Partner closely with Executive Leadership (Creative and Strategic) setting the graphic design/conceptual direction.
• Inspire, oversee and mentor internal design team.
• Direct creative executions with external vendor partners (photographers, designers, illustrators…) while always delivering excellence.
•Thrives in a fast-paced environment overseeing multiple projects at once.
•Responsible for the timeliness and effectiveness of their assignments working closely with internal partners as well as external vendors.
• Embraces strategic insights and incorporates those insights into the creation of great designs work.
• Works on high-level projects assigned to them.
• Excels at presenting ideas to Executives as well taking and acting upon constructive feedback.
• Proactively source and develop relationships with world-class creative partners.
• Foster a culture of creative excellence while establishing proven processes to achieve that goal. Basic Qualifications•8+ years relevant working experience including minimum 5 years of senior-level design experience at top-flight design firms our in-house design group.
•Is a proven design/creative leader who’s created and overseen award-winning work for major brands and marketing initiatives.
•Demonstrated creative excellence in both traditional as well as digital design.
•A proven, proactive, results-oriented leader.
• Must possess current knowledge of the latest trends, styles and technologies and proactively transfer knowledge and learning’s to the broader team
• Fluency in writing, reading and speaking Mandarin and English.
• You must have – BA, BFA graphic design, advertising or equivalent work experience.
• Possess exceptional conceptual skills who can offer a wide variety of design solutions.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
• Position based in Shanghai, China.