Shanghai Disney Resort is looking for phenomenal Creative Director. You’ll play a vital role within the Shanghai Disney Resort marketing team.
You’re a world-class Creative Director who possesses a portfolio filled with insight-based/award-winning integrated campaigns for major brands.
You’re an expert at crafting powerful stories and have a proven history of bringing big ideas to life across every medium – everything from broadcast, print to digital and beyond.
You’re a hands-on professional, setting a high standard and providing inspiring creative leadership and mentoring for a team of designers and external partners.
You thrive in a fast-paced workplace – yet are always pushing for and achieving creative excellence.
You obsess over the craft of art direction and design. You’re a perfectionist when it comes to photography, type fonts and illustration.
You’re also a dreamer and an optimist who knows that great/insight-based ideas can truly change the world.
This position reports to the Director, Creative.
Responsibilities • Bring world-class creative/conceptual/strategic excellence to all Shanghai Disney Resort marketing initiatives.
• Partner closely with the Director, Creative and Executive Team along with Internal Marketing Partners to deliver creative/strategic excellence on all projects.
• Lead major integrated campaigns, seasonal initiatives, TVC, digital/social content creation/production, out-of-home and design projects.
• Collaborate closely with external agency partners to deliver creative excellence.
• Direct/inspire/mentor internal team of creative design and broadcast production professionals.
• Foster an engaging, collaborative creative work environment.
• Oversee creative execution with external agency partners as well as photographers, designers, illustrators, editors, copywriters, art directors ….
• Embrace strategic insights and incorporate those into the creation of stellar/effective creative work.
• Collaborate effectively with various lines of businesses including Entertainment, Operations, Public Affairs, Walt Disney Imagineering and Food & Beverage.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment while overseeing multiple projects at once.
• Excels at presenting ideas to Executives as well as taking and acting upon constructive feedback.
• Proactively source and develop relationships with top tier external creative partners. Basic Qualifications
- 10+ years relevant working experience including minimum of 7 years experience of broad creative and management experience, within a top-tier agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts or equivalent education and experience.
- Leadership track record required, leading cross-discipline teams and leaders.
- International experience and ability to adapt to different cultures required.
- Proven track record in creative development of traditional advertising, design and digital.
- Demonstrated success in the oversight and creation of notable, excellent creative campaigns that drove business results.
- Must possess current knowledge of the latest trends, styles and technologies and proactively transfer knowledge and learning’s to the broader team.
- Hands-on ability to lead the creative process in both art direction and/or writing all the way through the production process.
- Proven ability to service clients with varying business needs through strong partnership and communication, as well as be able to communicate and integrate well with Production, Technology, Operations and Creative resources
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership in both business and creative roles.
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning and process management skills
- Excellent presentation and group dynamic skills
- Domestic and International travel required
- Fluency in writing, reading and speaking Mandarin and English.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Position based in Shanghai, China.