Associate Manager-Cast Housing Services & Relations
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity, and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment venue, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to grow and create this magical destination, we are looking for a variety of world-class professionals to help our plans take shape.
- Lead a team of Salaried cast member in a fast pace environment. Oversee the results and actions taken through daily security reports.
- Partner extensively with the property management company and transportation provider on complex challenges and influence and direct oversight of daily operations.
- May need to inform law enforcement, media relations and HR depending on the nature of the incidents.
- Is engaged in conflict and dispute resolution, HR and other sensitive interactions with Residents.
- Provide direction to salaried direct-report leaders to make autonomous decisions impacting the day-to-day operation such as staffing levels, increase/decrease of operating hours, safety-related decisions, closure of facilities and/or opening of additional facilities to accommodate capacity demands.
- Responsible for making decisions affecting multiple units in the operating area and the while balancing decisions with the area’s contribution to the overall Guest experience. Make financial decisions about expenditures
- Operate day-to-day independently overseeing multiple units and/or experiences. And authority to make decisions on the operating area to ensure an exceptional Guest experience.
- Serve as the point of contact for Operations Manager, representing the profit center to residents, peer leaders, senior leaders and operational integration leaders. May be called upon to make decisions in partnership with peers and senior leaders following incidents or emergencies. May interface with other senior leaders and peers to make decisions which have a broader impact to the overall Guest experience.
- Empowered with the level of authority to make decisions for immediate operational needs outside of the scope of routine operations, if the Operations Manager is not available.
- Serve as a functional/ subject matter expert of the operation and represent the operating area's point of view when interfacing with other work teams or senior leaders.
- Operate a multifunctional and multiunit business and must constantly balance multiple competing priorities and unplanned day to day situations.
- Support and lead a diversified team ensuring consistent delivery of an exceptional living experience for cast members. Also, available to be contacted after working hours for any operational issues.
- Manage the financial performance of departmental expenses by ensuring on-going metrics such as labor, overtime, cost of sales, and other expense meet Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Prioritize purchases based on inventory levels and Manage internal control processes.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual operating plan, 5-year plan, and capital planning.
- Able to leverage financial or efficiency metrics (labor, revenue, cost of sales), as a measure of day to day business decisions.
- Ensure compliance with any and all regulatory requirements. Translate changes in regulatory requirements to enable activation in area to ensure compliance. Understands systems necessary to delivery experience in area of responsibility.
- Drive continuity through leadership of all front-line positions in the operating area including salaried leaders, interns, and coordinators. Oversee all Security, HR and compliance cases for the area.
- Conduct mid-year and year-end performance reviews with salaried and non-union hourly direct reports.
- Serve as a mentor to salaried leaders within the organization. Serve as a role model to direct-report leaders and front-line Cast Members for professionalism. Serve as a teacher or subject matter expert to peers about operating area of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years management experience
- Has operational experience gained in a Guest-facing operating area, either in the same line of business or in another equivalent role in Parks and or Resorts. Has experience in leading other leaders, either formally or informally.
- Able to use Microsoft Office products and comfortable operating systems in a Windows-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of leaders
- Able to be self-directed and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills consistent
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities holding self and others accountable
- Demonstrate a strong level of professionalism and confidence
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills, with strong attention to details
- Demonstrated strong business planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to strong negotiation, influencing, problem solving, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to partner with fellow Cast Members and move the operation forward to the next level of excellence
- Demonstrated financial awareness of budget and daily labor costs
- Knowledge of industry trends and practical business application
- Proven leadership experience in a related area
- Able to manage a collective bargaining unit
- Demonstrated business acumen with experience and strong analytical skills
- Fluency in Mandarin & English is required.
- Proficient in Word, Excel & PowerPoint