Stage Technician (Audio/Video/Lighting/Rigging)
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity, and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment venue, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to grow and create this magical destination, we are looking for a variety of world-class professionals to help our plans take shape.
- Stage Technician Assists Entertainment Department with:
- Safe performance of live stage shows, including indoor, outdoor and special events
- Detailed operation of audio/video/lighting equipment adhering to stage manager cues, timecode and/or self-cued events
- Pre and post-show checklists
- On Stage roles may be required to wear character costumes or a costume, wig, and/or make-up if visible to Guests
- Operate designated stage and other live performances within the defined creative parameters
- Hands-on operation and programming of entertainment audio/video/lighting equipment
- Proper pre and post-show checks to ensure correct and smooth running of the events
- Operate all required safety checks before, during and after performances
- Report and assist with maintenance of equipment
- Equipment installation
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Equipment staging
- Loading/unloading of stage equipment
- Manage show reporting and tracking through the “Esqwire” software application
- Other work assigned by managers
- Working experience of below one or more entertainment equipment, including audio, visual and lighting equipment:
- Audio – 32-channel+ audio consoles, passive and active speaker systems, crossovers, EQ’s, wired and wireless microphone systems
- Lighting – 2 DMX Universe+ lighting control consoles, automated lighting fixtures, conventional lighting fixtures, dimmer systems, DMX distribution systems, LED, gel, focusing
- Video – 1080p video projectors, 15,000 lumen+ projectors, video playback servers, video editings
- Controls – MIDI, DMX, TCP/IP, RS422, RS482, RS232 protocols, ability to define and program control sets for entertainment equipment
- Stage Machinery – winches, performer flying, hydraulics, ProfiNET, automation console operation and programming
- Experience with SMPTE timecode preferred
- More than 3 years stage equipment management experiences
- Working at Heights for some certain roles
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Conversational English
- Must provide full availability for ongoing training throughout a two month period.
- Must be available to work all peak seasons, and holidays
- Available to work nights and flexible shift times
Additional InformationWork Location:
Your work location is Shanghai Disney Resort in Chuan Sha, Pudong New Area, Shanghai.You could take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort in the future.
Shanghai Disney Resort wants to provide our Cast Members with benefits and resources that support them while at work and in their personal lives. Shanghai Disney Resort offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes pay, health benefits, wellness resources, leave benefits, career opportunities and many special offerings and activities that only Shanghai Disney Resort can provide. Together these rewards make up a comprehensive package that helps our Cast Members live well, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver.
Shanghai Disney Resort offers Cast Member pay rates that reflect the roles and responsibilities of each job, annual bonus, allowance and premium based on the job functions and weekday or holiday mandatory overtime pay.
In addition to mandatory social benefits, Shanghai Disney Resort provides frontline Cast Members with company dormitory or living allowance, and a meal subsidy. Fully paid leave benefits which help our Cast balance their personal and professional lives is also offered because good health is their most important asset. We offer commercial medical insurance, risk and life insurance, medical check-ups and a series of health and wellness resources and programs to help Cast Members manage, maintain and protect their well-being.
Meanwhile, under Disney’s global benefit system, the Company provides a main entrance pass, which allows Cast Members to bring a specified number of family or friends with them to select Disney theme parks, complimentary tickets, merchandise discounts and other programs unique to Disney.
•Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members might be scheduled to work shifts on nights, weekends and holidays.
•Shanghai Disney Resort offers time off programs so Cast Members can take time to refuel.
We welcome disabled candidates to apply for our jobs.
The primary language for this position is Chinese. English is not required for this position.