Specialist, External Communications
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, featuring six lands, as well as two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape
- Execute external communications strategies, campaigns, processes and vehicles that support the business objectives of Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Develop and maintain relations with Chinese media.
- Develop and communicate key messages and information related to the development and future operations of the resort.
- Pitch and handle media interviews.
- Organize media roundtables, and special event logistics.
- Monitor public opinion which affects Shanghai Disney Resort’s reputation and business, and implement timely actions which assist in managing such issues.
- Meet budgets for all events, media and collateral work.
- Accomplish all assignments effectively, accurately and within established timeframe.
- Ensure that guidelines for the proper use of nomenclature, grammar, graphics and the product/name are met in every communication piece.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Public Affairs, Journalism, Communications or other relevant areas.
- Minimum of 3 years of media relations experience in Mainland China with multinational corporations or agencies.
- Ability to identify and deliver key messages to general and target audiences.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills, in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Proven understanding of Chinese media, including print, TV, online and social media.
- Ability to work in crisis situations.