HR Business Partner Manager
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, featuring six lands, as well as two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.
Shanghai Disney Resort is presently seeking a HRBP Manager with a broad Human Resources background and a demonstrated track record of success in a fast paced and global work environment.
The Manager who succeeds in this role will be a highly organized, analytically-gifted thought leader with exceptional team leadership capability; the role will be able to: bringing highly value-added service to HR activities for the defined clients; align and integrate HR strategies, goals and practices in order to ensure high performing employees/teams; drive leadership development and address systemic organizational issues; embody strong personal competencies such as influence, relationship building, and political savvy.
The Manager will have the ability to apply knowledge of employment law, compliance requirements and company policy in day-to-day decisions that not only ensure a positive candidate experience but also uphold our Shanghai Disney Resort service standards.
- The HRBP Manager directly assists the Director, Human Resources with planning, directing and delivering corporate and customized HR services in support of the organizations objectives across Shanghai Disney Resort business functions.
- Proactively consults with clients and recommends HR strategic solutions to improve critical business outcomes.
- Work closely with senior management teams to provide HR leadership, anticipate employee and organizational issues.
- Make recommendations and implement solutions to attract, motivate, develop and retain key employees.
- Contributes to and implements established HR strategy for assigned clients.
- Collaborates with business clients and the broader HR organization to ensure a unified HR delivery approach.
- Ensures a high level of organizational effectiveness through ongoing performance management, organizational design, analysis and change management, talent assessments, leadership development and succession planning.
- Provide guidance to business unit managers and development of strategies/recommendations to improve associate satisfaction, support career development and align with Shanghai Disney Resort culture.
- Work closely with Shanghai Disney Resort other HR functions on various projects and initiatives.
- 8+ years as senior HR practitioner in a multi-national organization with proven experience of working across different countries & cultures Bachelor degree in operation management or related majors.
- Efficient Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) and technical aptitude for other systems (e.g., SAP, Recruitment Systems, technology).
- Strong Guest service skills and the proven ability to respond proactively to client needs.Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including a proficiency in clear, concise, and compelling oral and written communication in Mandarin and English.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence leaders and team members, and to drive and inspire results; proven experience leading and developing a team.
- Demonstrated strong sense of initiative and urgency, with the ability to follow up on outstanding matters efficiently.
- Ability to exemplify the values of the Disneyland Resort and share those values with clients and guests.
- Ability to partner and interact with employees at all levels within the Disneyland Resort.
- Ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing work environment -- ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.