Sr. iOS Developer
Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT), a digital division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class immersive online experiences for premier vacation brands including Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club. WDAT has offices in Los Angeles, Anaheim, Seattle, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Orlando where we design and develop results-driven mobile applications and websites.
As a Sr. iOS Developer you will be hands on, designing, developing and maintaining code/modules for the WDAT Mobile Applications and Platform. You will be working in an Agile environment, delivering code, providing technical direction, and leading technical projects. In this senior level capacity, the Mobile Applications Engineer is expected to be able to act autonomously for day-to-day activities. Responsibilities
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications.
- Drives development of components through own and subordinate engineers' work.
- Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Executes assigned component level software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects, in conjunction with other teams.
- Reviews or writes code.
- Leads programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications.
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance.
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects.
- Designs specific components or frameworks for assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains technical components and templates.
- Able to code against entire technology stack and lead end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies
- Designs and develops specifications for assigned projects
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing.
- Participates in conceiving and setting the architectural direction for development projects.
- Designs the component tasks of assigned projects, developing specifications for each
- Serves as a high level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Leads team members in problem analysis and issue resolution.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Work with business/design partners to create cost effective, high quality applications
- Five to eight years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume iOS applications.
- Objective C
- Swift (at least 2.2. 3.0 desired)
- Core Data
- Cocoapods and/or Carthage
- Cocoa Framework & associated design patters
- Auto-layout, and other modern iOS UI paradigms
- Multi-Threading on the iOS platform
- CS Fundamentals
- Development Tools (xCode, Interface Builder, Eclipse)
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services, and best practices for Mobile App integration
- Automated Testing (Unit Tests, UI Tests)
- CI Pipelines (XCode Bots, Jenkins, etc.)
- Proven experience on at least one app in Apple App Store
- C, C++
- Profiling and Troubleshooting in XCode
- Mobile sensor programming and integration
- Messaging Technology (APNs, XMPP, etc.)
- Proven experience on at least one app in Apple Appstore written in Swift
- Developed at least one Static or Dynamic Framework
- Code samples in Github
- Android development experience
Required Education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.