Software Engineering Intern - Seattle, Summer 2018
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDAT seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
With The Walt Disney Attractions Technology group, this intern will collaborate in an Agile Delivery team focused on building high quality reusable software. The candidate will participate in design, implementation, performance and functional testing associated with delivering reusable software components. Conduct proof of concepts to demonstrate the use of various technologies, which ties back to the reference architecture standards.
Be a part of a transformative team and culture participating in agile development to provide enhanced functionality for various project efforts.
Our Technology organization seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring….
- Technical skills including familiarity to numerous forms of Software Development approaches; Languages (SQL, C#, Java, HTML, CSS) and styles (Application, Database, Services);
- An understanding of Agile development practices
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Java/J2EE development experience required
- Experience with server side programming preferred
- Interest in backend programming
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field. Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May - August 2018.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: Interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Software Engineering Intern - Seattle, Summer 2018 opportunity at Disney.