Senior Project Manager
If you enjoy being an integral factor in the delivery of the next generation of mobile experiences for one of the most well known brands in the world, read on. We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Senior Project Manager who will be based out our beautiful office in downtown Seattle and will be responsible for managing the integration of multiple mobile projects on to the Mobile Reference Platform for Disney Parks and Resorts. The Senior PM will be responsible for gathering requirements from teams wanting to develop mobile applications integrating with the Reference Platform, communicating standards and best practices for integration, and managing project schedules, costs, and risks across multiple work streams. The Senior PM will work closely with cross-discipline leadership and business partners across various lines of business to keep them informed of project updates, as required. Responsibilities
- Manages the integration of Mobile App and Mobile Web projects on to the Mobile Reference Platform
- Manages scope, prioritization and gating criteria for integration of mobile projects on the Reference Platform and works with appropriate delivery and QA teams to set expectations and track progress
- Builds, manages, and executes communication plans to update business partners and executive leadership with schedules, forecasts, and risks, as applicable
- Identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedules, ensuring timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
- Provides customer and leadership support through project management.
- Mentors Associate Project Managers and Project Managers regarding all aspects of the project life cycle and project management discipline.
- Presents project status and issues to leadership level personnel through formal presentations.
- Acts as a liaison between business users and implementation team, communicating appropriately and effectively with co-workers, customers and supervisors, maintaining awareness of project status and any potential delay, situation or concern that may affect the outcome of the projects.
- Successfully assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans, successfully develops and updates project budgets as required, and delivers successful projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner as shown by project statistics.
- Conducts project meetings at leadership and/or executive director levels. Develops and manages a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope of change approval process.
- Continually reviews available resources to maintain first-hand knowledge of where resources can be best allocated. Reevaluates current resources to determine project resource surplus and shortfalls.
- Establishes clear ownership for project tasks, ensures that team members have the tools needed, and provides timely feedback.
- Coordinates and facilitates delivery of project objectives.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Tracks progress and reviews project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assesses project issues and identifies solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicates project status, issues, and risks to management.
- Conducts regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Works collaboratively with development staff and support staff to maintain thorough knowledge of product capabilities, and to ensure that all communications between project teams and its stakeholders are precise.
- Maintains project schedule and target dates, providing weekly status updates.
- Five to seven years’ of project management experience, managing global teams, customers, and complex projects.
- Five to sevcen years of experience managing and delivering mobile web and Mobile app projects on iOS and Android Platforms
- Advanced experience in Mobile release process on Android and iOS App store
- Knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) principles.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies including the Project Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK and Agile.
- Proficiency with project management tools and/or software packages such as Clarity PPM, JIRA, Confluence, VersionOne etc.
- Experience in delegation management.
- Proficiency in establishing project management processes.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Information Technology departments and operational customers and/or departments.
- Proficiency in operational and technical project management skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments.
- Experience in synthesizing complex or diverse project data and/or information.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Four-year college degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field or relevant work experience.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member, you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.