Senior Backend Java Engineer
This role will be responsible for working closely with customers, business analysts, solution engineers, team members and leadership to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions across multiple projects. These solutions must be aligned with the technology strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. They will actively participate in the design and development of multiple projects as well as on application sustainment teams. A Senior Software Engineer is proficient in the use of more than one language such as Java or C# and has domain knowledge of associated development tool sets. Individuals will work as a team in an agile delivery environment to design, code, test, implement, maintain and support applications that are delivered on time and within budget and in accordance to the ITIL Service Lifecycle. They will coordinate the efforts of supplier teams when needed to develop or sustain the application environment and could participate in on-call rotation in support of 7/24 operations. Responsibilities
- Design and Develop solutions with multiple technologies, complex environments and determine which is appropriate for the situation
- Capable of implementing industry best-practice processes related to application development concepts, designs, and architectures
- Apply company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues
- Prepare and review estimates for tasks and/or projects
- Participate in the design process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
- Participate in the development effort resulting in well structured, easily maintained program code.
- Meet all established policies and procedures within technology and corporate environment for the assigned projects
- Prepare and review estimates for tasks and/or projects
- Prepare and execute unit, system and integration test scripts within multiple
Basic QualificationsTECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum 5-7 years’ relevant experience in JAVA/J2EE development with proven record of creating commercial quality software solutions
- Expert Java application development skills with a proven record of creating commercial quality software.
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate.
- Experience implementing REST web services.
- Very strong analysis skills and an ability to solve problems with code.
- Experience delivering projects working with teams using Agile/SCRUM/Iterative delivery methodologies is a must.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration best practices.
- Strong technical knowledge of digital technologies including Mobile, Web, Apps, APIs, Messaging, Databases, Big Data, Networks and their Interactions.
- Ability to perform across all phases of system development for multiple complex projects; including coding, technical design, and end-to-end testing
- Ability to clearly document own work products and review and contribute to the documentation across multiple projects
- Experience with unit/project testing, implementation, and deployment activities that include coordination of activities from more than one team
- Experience with Agile development practices including story development, estimating, sprint planning, and leading team scrums
- Current with trends in the technology marketplace
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with colleagues and partners in several different geographic locations and time zones
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Proven ability influencing business and technology leadership
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and junior members of the team
- Excellent time management skills
- 7+ years’ work experience
- Technical Architecture experience designing and implementing complex enterprise applications in B2C e-commerce
- Strong OO foundation
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Oracle RAC, MySQL, DB2 or other database products
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into solutions when needed
- Prior experience leading and working with geographically dispersed development teams (a plus)
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.