Lead Software Engineer (SDET/QA)
We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our application development and support teams to push the limits of business and technology in finding and creating innovative solutions to support the Supply Chain and Logistics teams deliver magic to the guest.
We’re looking for a passionate, impactful, technical person who can be part of the team. The Ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail on par with Disney’s high standards, coupled with a proactive solution oriented approach, someone who holds themselves accountable in a professional, collaborative manner.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibility is to provide leadership and strategic direction for testing and automation. Focus on defining the testing process and setting the test team up for continued success. Coordinate testing within the team and also with external teams and partners. Drive quality across all disciplines, providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across the team. The Lead Software Engineer has accountability for planning, structuring, and leading the test execution of development projects.
- Understand various testing approaches, practices and techniques in order to help design and deliver the overall testing methodology used by the team
- Ensure testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology are applied as specified in testing approach
- Implement processes to ensure that all the testing was completed and defects are retested and closed
- Prepare and review test strategy with business and development teams
- Defect reporting, triaging, coordination with development and partners for defect resolution
- Participate in walkthroughs, defect review meetings and defect resolution process
- Review test progress against test schedule and prepared test metrics reporting
- Coordinate production release planning, validations and reporting
- Facilitate discussions between groups and navigate project back on course as needed
- Serves as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced SDETS and leadership, providing guidance and oversight.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- 8-12 years of progressively related experience as test lead
- Two to four years of project lead experience.
- Scrum Master Certification
- Flash and other interactive technologies
- Automation scripting experience is a big plus
- Testing Native Mobile Apps is a big plus
- SQL experience is a big plus
Required Education Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience
We welcome your comments and questions about this Lead Software Engineer (SDET/QA) opportunity at Disney.