Manager - Technology Chief of Staff (Information-Data Portfolio Mgt)
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Reporting to the Vice President of Information Advantage (IA – Data.) The Information Advantage team has embarked on an organization and technology transformation. This individual will gain invaluable experience with exponential growth given the exposure and accountability to manage a large portfolio ($55M annually), facilitate strategic deliberation and organization transformation, and gain understanding of data technology platforms.
There are 3 characteristics essential to the success of this individual;
2.Communication- clear and concise, improving alignment and understanding within a complex stakeholder community!
3.Nimble- prioritize and sift, calibrate in and out of detail!
ResponsibilitiesBasic Responsibilities include:
- Cultivate a strong network (formal and informal) of technology and business leaders both within the WDPR segment and across TWDC
- Organize, prioritize/sequence and communicate portfolio activities across the teams with dedicated focus to ensure everyone is coordinated, organized to anticipate and mitigate risks or challenges
- Coordinates and facilitates IA Executive stakeholder, leadership and other Sr team meetings including agenda setting, guest coordination, note taking, follow-ups and next steps
- Coordinate/define regular reporting across IM/BA and timely submission of requests, budgets
- Responsible for all projects, ACP and AOP financial budgeting, allocations, forecasts, and required submissions with Finance support partners.
- Manage the financial schedules associated with the Five Year Plan (5YP) & Annual Operating Plan (AOP) cycles with EBS leadership, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), and Controllership
- Manage fiscal year-to-date reconciliation of actuals vs. budget on capital and operational expenses with Finance partner.
- Coordinate IM/BA town halls and other similar events
- Help define and execute the leadership and business communications strategy
- Assist in developing presentation and communications content, including doing the necessary research and program managing the efforts to collect the necessary data
- Develop a pre-canned repository of portfolio and technical materials tailored by audience type
- Act as integration point for implementation of WDAT processes and business cycle activities. Ensure coordination of common connection points and integration with key functional partners (Finance, HR, and other LOB’s).
- Coordinate across portfolio the IA Day One initiatives planning and deliverables
- Work closely with the IA Executive Team to monitor activities, anticipate upcoming events/required deliverables with volume of incoming communication and competing priorities to ensure that opportunities are maximized and prioritized, without acting as a “gatekeeper”.
- Coordinate ongoing sources to automate success metrics (Day One Strategy, IA Strategy)
- Coordinate continuous improvement methodologies in organization’s day-to-day activities (adoption, optimization, modernization, automation)
- Monitor and manage the administration budget
- Identify community involvement opportunities and manage the logistics
- Portfolio (Project and program management) experience with strong organizational skills
- People management experience, manager
- Accountable for concise and effective communications to all levels of the organization including business and technical audiences
- Lead contingency planning efforts, identify bottlenecks, surface issues, and proactively drive for their resolution.
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise in Microsoft Office productivity tools and Apple tools
- Proven ability to influence without formal authority- taking ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, delegating as appropriate to stakeholders providing input
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in roles and processes that are not clearly defined, constantly evolving and broad through self-reliance and resourcefulness
- Proven ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, time management for self and team
- Demonstrated business savvy and confidence to interface with all levels of Cast
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship and partnering skills while leveraging resources appropriately
- IT Project Management experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Skilled in distilling insights, synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences
- The candidate must have proven experience in working in a matrixed environment and managing multiple stakeholders
- Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
- Proactive and creative in approaching problems and presenting financial data with advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge, including pivot tables, modeling and specialized functions
- Capital and Operating Expense budgeting and forecasting experience highly desired
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.