WDI Graphic Fabrication Design Internship - Orlando, Fall 2018
“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What we’re looking for…
A Graphic Fabrication Designer Intern to work within the department responsible for developing signage and show graphics that help tell the stories in Disney Theme Parks and Resorts worldwide.
- Provide design support and production coordination for Environmental Graphic Design projects
- Review drawings and provide feedback
- Provide fabrication support for WDI graphics project team
- Organize and develop a scope of work in support of hard cost budget and schedule for projects of limited complexity and size
- Support the Environmental Graphic Signage cost estimating process through collection of data for review
- Manage vendors on small scaled projects
- Provide documentation throughout the design process
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- Experience with Creative Suite 6 or digital illustration tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, 3D software knowledge of Sketch-up, Rhino or Auto Cad and MS Office Suite
- Understanding of specific application of drafting principles and techniques as applied to environmental graphics construction documentation
- Demonstrated ability to detail themed environmental graphics for contract documentation
- ** MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE **
- Minimum one year of experience in a design practice, or a professional internship
- Familiarity with Environmental Graphic design, sign construction techniques, and related areas including architecture, interior design and landscape design
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Product Design.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- ***MUST POSSESS VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE***
- A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.