WDI Estimating Internship - Orlando, FL - Fall 2018
"We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
What we’re looking for…
An Estimating Intern who will be responsible for preparing estimates for facility, shows, and rides throughout our project lifecycles. This individual will work under the immediate direction of a Project Senior or Principal Estimator.
- Review and incorporate historical cost data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into estimates.
- Assist in preparing estimates by calculating complete takeoffs of a project scope of work
- Maintain files for all working documents and data as back up to estimate figures
- Assist in evaluating all design documentation and provide trend estimates and analyses against current EFC/Budget estimate during design phase
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- Knowledge of estimating techniques and cost controls
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Proficiency in PC programs (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of management, all project team members (project management, contractors, sub-contractors etc.) to achieve team goals
**MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE**
- Relevant estimating experience
- Active membership in industry related organizations
Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring Construction Management/Engineering, Architecture or Engineering.
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the last 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- ***MUST POSSESS VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE***
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Intern must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.