Supply Chain Logistics Internship- Fall 2018
The supply chain logistics team who oversees the logistics strategies and manages all aspects of our client relationships and customer service policy commitments for product destined to Disney Clients.
ResponsibilitiesYou will assist with:
- Conducting data analyses
- Compiling project documentation
- Scheduling/attending meetings, preparing PowerPoint presentations.
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated proficiency of computer skills – Microsoft Office, (advanced Excel and Access), PowerPoint, Visio, SQL queries and Oracle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and analytical acumen
- Demonstrated influencing and partnering skills
- Self-starter, able to accomplish tasks on own initiative
- Demonstrated ability to drive business results
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once and manage time appropriately
- Understanding of Supply Chain principles and strategies
- Understanding of data management and analytical practices
- Experience with VBA and SQL
- Understanding of transportation modes (e.g., truckload, LTL, parcel, ocean, bulk rail, or intermodal)
- Knowledge of carrier operations and pricing mechanics
- Understanding of financial principles
- Understanding of the budgeting and planning process
- Pursuing a degree in logistics, industrial engineering, computer science, supply chain or equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript. Please, no rounding.)
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program. Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 6 month gap before the start of a new internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June to January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Materials Required: In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”