Lead Agile Coach
Lead Project Mgr-
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. Being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Parks and Resorts segment is increasingly faced with demands to delivery better products quicker to market, in an already complex operating environment. These demands require us to look at innovative ways of operating in order to overcome these challenges. The Lead Agile Coach, within Walt Disney Attractions Technology, is responsible for coaching teams to adopt and adapt using popular methodologies, including: Scrum, Lean, KanBan to help our teams deliver. The Coach role requires a high level of self-motivation coupled with the ability to drive and motivate teams to pragmatically use good practices and techniques that deliver results. The Coach will partner with teams and individuals across the organization and will need to have a passion for their work that drives results to the teams they support.
- Drives process and practice improvements in the agile coaching space and serves as a catalyst for coaching excellence
- Participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current on agile practices and technical skills applicable to assigned duties.
- Plays an active role in building our practice through the mentoring and development of talent.
- Coach teams with an inclusive style that embraces diversity, and will allow teams to successfully operate in a highly matrix organization where partnership and influence are key drivers of success.
- Performs agile coaching and scrum master responsibilities for teams and teams of teams, with a primary focus on coaching.
- Collaboratively facilitates sessions with teams and teams of teams.
- Efficient and effective with facilitation and training teams to execute Scrum ceremonies and agility at scale.
- Working knowledge of scaled agile frameworks (SAFe; LeSS)
- Works with the team to iteratively discover and refine the product backlog
- Works to inform and educate leadership of their role in supporting an agile team in their organization
- Shows, teaches, and supports the team members to facilitate retrospectives to continuously improve working together and becoming a highly effective and efficient team.
- Acts as servant leader and teacher.
- Collaborates with Product Owners, subject matter experts and other business partners to drive collaboration and resolution
- Trains and educates product owners on their role with the team
- Trains and educations agile team facilitators on their role with the team
- Understands and shares metrics with the teams to help fine tune their processes
- Shows good technical practices to the team to ensure that quality is built into the process early
- Helps teams and teams of teams understand and determine what documentation is minimally viable for their work.
- Helps teams and teams of teams use Lean processes to rework and adjust our own processes
- Work with cross discipline delivery teams, product owners, designers and architects to validate project assumptions, dependencies and create product plans and roadmaps
- Hands on leadership guiding teams to think Lean and be Agile.
- Foster a team environment of self-organization, retrospect to learn and adapt with the goal of delivering the highest value to our guests and Cast.
- Help teams to understand and use the Agile tools as defined by projects and/or the organization.
- Minimum of 2 years of Agile coaching experience in a cross-functional technical software delivery capacity delivery using tools such as VersionOne, Jira, etc. to facilitate delivery and status reporting.
- Minimum of 10 successfully coached project initiatives that were executed using a Scrum-like, or scrum based processes
- Minimum of 2 efforts delivered using methods to scale agility
- Proven knowledge and experienced in the technology field and technology project delivery.
- Proven experience in coaching technology projects.
- Proven facilitator that can lead sessions and workshops driving commitments, accountability, and deliverables.
- Proven ability to train and teach new concepts to challenging audiences.
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple software development lifecycle methodologies (focused on Agile, Lean).
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment
- Ability to inspire, motivate and train teams and individuals to use new processes and adapt
- Demonstrated inclusive mindset that embraces diversity
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership in both business and technology roles.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Experience in supporting travel trade, hospitality, and/or large scale businesses and logistics systems.
- First-hand experience with practices: ACP, CSM, CPO, SAFe, LeSS, Lean, Kanban, Waterfall
- Minimum college/undergraduate degree (e.g., B.S. /B.A.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Bachelors in a technology/engineering field
- Proficiency with Enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools
- Agile Certifications i.e. CSM; ACP; CPO; SAFe; LeSS
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.