International Trade Internship Fall 2018
The Supply Chain Trade Management department helps manage the trade compliance of the import/export of products for multiple business units of The Walt Disney Company.
ResponsibilitiesYou will assist with:
- Analyzing and reporting on product classification trends, sourcing evaluation (source country restrictions/impacts, vendor compliance), Customs trends (inspections, holds, seizures, etc.) and brokerage service trends (errors/mismanagement) found within trade data
- Auditing transactions related to import/export, Free Trade Agreements and/or special trade programs (i.e. First Sale)
- Utilizing various software components to analyze import/export data
- Participating in automation of drawback process and identify new opportunities to further program
- Studying and evaluating internal and external market behaviors that could affect trading activities
NOTE: INTERN MUST BE FULLY AVAILABLE FOR THE FALL SEMESTER (JUNE to EARLY JANUARY). Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated proficiency of computer skills: Microsoft Office (advanced Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Visio, SQL queries, Tableau
- Acute attention to detail and analytical acumen
- Demonstrated influence and partnership skills
- Self-starter; able to accomplish tasks on own initiative
- Demonstrated ability to drive business results
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once and manage time appropriately
- Forward thinker and strategic planner
- Understanding of data management and analytical practices
- Experience with VBA and SQL
- Understanding of trade compliance principles and strategies
- Understanding of financial principles
- Pursuing a BS, BA, or MA in Trade Management, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Trade Compliance, or equivalent, or a JD in Business or International Law
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on résumé and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript. Please, no rounding.)
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June to January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Materials Required: In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”