Travel Trade Sales Director (Greater China)
Based in Hong Kong, the job holder is responsible for formulating and driving the execution of sales strategy, and account optimization for indirect sales channels for vacation and leisure business for the responsible markets. Reporting directly to Director, Travel Trade Sales, this role is vital to the sustainable business growth from our key source markets in China. Managing contracted in-market wholesale partners, Hong Kong local land-operators, and other non-contracted distributors, who altogether contribute a significant portion of attendance and room-night production from our core markets in the region.
- Achieve admission and room-night targets by formulating sales and promotion plans featuring HKDL products and events to the travel trade in the assigned sales region. Deepen penetration and market presence in different trade channels
- Manage and motivate team members in sales offices in responsible region, to deepen HKDL’s penetration into respective markets through developing strong working relationships with HKDL trade partners including all key external parties such as local tourism bureaus, HKTB, airlines, cross-border coach companies, and other transportation providers, etc.
- Develop, plan, and drive tactical promotions execution, travel fair tactics or advertising campaigns with key partners, in order to maximize revenue and exposure from the responsible sales region.
- Drive and manage third party online channel engagement strategies and tactics for all of China
- Critically assess and allocate resources for each individual account under own trade portfolio with an objective to assure cost effectiveness to yield the best return
- Develop programs to conduct regular trade education with the assistance of direct or indirect reports.
- Prepare reports, updated account information, trade and competitors’ intelligence to executive management
- Coach and develop direct and indirect reports’ capability in planning and execution of trade projects
- Bachelor degree holder
- At least 8 years of solid experience of travel trade operation with strong trade network in the Greater China region
- Sharp business acumen to identify potential areas for business growth
- High degree of sales savvy and strong negotiation skills to facilitate and deliver complex business deals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to manage his/her own team, other internal and external relationships
- Fluent English and Mandarin for communicating with members of travel trade and understanding the culture and trade practices/protocol. Ability to speak Cantonese will be an advantage
- Regular Chinese domestic business travel is expected