Media Relations Manager
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Assist the Director of Media Relations in formulating and implementing strategies to promote and protect the reputation of the company as well as achieve company goals.
- Plan, manage and oversee media events, interviews and engagement activities.
- Explore and execute joint media projects to promote and protect the reputation of the company.
- Work with various lines of business and other teams within the Communications and Public Affairs department to promote the services and offerings provided by the company.
- Develop communication plans and messaging to handle issues and media activities as well as lines-to-take for media enquiries.
- Maintain a positive, close relationship with the media (international, regional and local included), and working partners in various lines of business across the company.
- Supervise the media team with the goal of ensuring the smooth and effective execution of all media-related activities and initiatives.
- Monitor public opinion and coverage in traditional, digital and social media with a view to tracking potential issues and managing issues in a timely manner.
- Oversee efforts to support the company’s various issues and preparedness in case of any crisis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline
- At least 12 years of media/external communication experience
- Strong knowledge of the political, business, media, internal and external environments to ensure the best management of media relations and activities
- Creativity and analytical power are essential to solve difficult and complex problems and issues
- Independent decision making is required, especially in handling ad hoc media enquiries or crises and delicate situations, which often involve multiple internal and external parties
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Strong media network preferred