Workforce Mgmt Workload/Staffing Indust. Engineering Intern: Smr/Fall
Workforce Management is an internal team that provides tools, systems, processes, and knowledge to optimize our workforce in an evolving and dynamic environment. We support our fellow labor, operations, and business partners, ensuring the success of our fellow team members. The Workload and Staffing teams, specifically, are responsible for analyzing data and operational processes to build models that generate anything from robust daily workloads to long-term headcount plans.
Our program is designed to develop you professionally and increase your practical knowledge of the many operating areas within the Company. You will have a wide range of opportunities to provide analytic and consulting support to various lines of business including Merchandise, Attractions, and Entertainment.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Conduct analyses, particularly in operational support, workload planning and forecasting, Cast utilization, and productivity/process improvements
- Leverage technical skill set to perform data collection, computer simulation, statistics, and process flow analysis projects
- Lead and participate in team efforts while working on projects which require interfacing with all levels of Cast and management
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to this role…
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to effectively partner with team members while demonstrating strong communication and time management skills
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- Interest in extending internship into a second term
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on problem solving
- Proven knowledge and/or experience with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Industrial Engineering or related program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript.)
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May to December 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
- Select document type of “Other”